Important Notice About Covid Booster – In partnership with other local GP practices, we are pleased to say we have started providing Covid-19 booster jabs to people in eligible groups. We are working in partnership with GPHP, our federation, to do this. Please email them if you have any enquiries on the booster to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your full name, NHS number if known and DOB when emailing in with a query. Their phone number is number 01372 232001 if you wish to speak to them. Please note that they cannot correct /amend vaccination information for a vaccination administered elsewhere. There needs to be a six-month gap between the second vaccination and the booster.
Following recent guidance set out by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation this means we will be inviting eligible people, who had their second Covid-19 jab at least six months ago, for a top up vaccination to boost protection against Covid-19.
This means priority will be given in the first instance to:
- People aged 50 and over
- People who live and work in care homes
- Frontline health and social care workers
- People aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts them at high risk of getting seriously ill from Covid-19
- Carers aged 16 and over
- People aged 16 and over who live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- People who are pregnant and in one of the eligible groups can also get a booster dose
We will be in touch with eligible people to get the jab, so please do not contact the practice, we will contact you.
The need for a six-month gap between second vaccination and the booster means that some of those in the original nine priority groups will not be contacted for their top-up until the New Year.
Got a question about the vaccination programme?
Visit the Surrey Heartlands Clinical Commissioning Group: