Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Sali Pillai is a highly experienced advanced clinical practitioner who works alongside our GPs in assessing and treating a wide variety of acute and chronic medical problems. She is also an independent prescriber.
Practice nurses are qualified and registered nurses. They can help with health issues such as ECGs, family planning, healthy living advice, blood pressure checks and simple dressings. The practice nurses run clinics for long-term health conditions such as asthma or diabetes, minor ailment clinics and carry out cervical smears.
Health Care Assistant
Healthcare assistants support practice nurses with their daily work and carry out tasks such as phlebotomy (drawing blood), blood pressure measurement and new patient checks. They may act as a chaperone when a patient or doctor requests one.
The practice currently has a clinical pharmacist, Sara Rahman, who has a background in hospital pharmacy and primary care. She is involved in various different roles which include:
- Providing support on day to day medication related issues from patients, community pharmacists and practice staff, including GPs and receptionists.
- Dealing with hospital discharge letters to ensure records are safely updated
- Carrying out medicine safety audits.
- Working with patients to improve adherence to medication to get the best possible health outcomes.
- Providing support to manage long term conditions.
- Dealing with minor illnesses.
- District nurses
- Health visitors
- Our dedicated link Health Visitor is Lisa Beasley
- Telephone number for health visitors is 01883 340922
- Community Midwife
- First contact Physiotherapist
- GPimh Service which includes a psychiatrist ,psychologist and mental health practitioner
- Social prescriber
- Banstead Integrated Community Services which includes the community matron, a visiting GP and a visiting paramedic